An Exemplar in Management Education
The education sector in India is experiencing a paradigm shift in many ways conceivable. As such, universities and colleges are reworking and rediscovering their teaching methodologies to impart the best educational practices in the world. One such institution is Ahmedabad University that recognizes social challenges and job opportunities are occurring at the intersection of various axes of influence, defined by disciplines (data, materials, biology, and behavior), nature (air, water, forests, and land), sectors of impact (health, transport, energy, and education) and society (individual and community).
Established in the year 2009 by the Ahmedabad Education Society (AES) to offer a world-class academic experience in one of India’s most vibrant and livable cities, Ahmedabad University is a private and non-profit university proffering liberal education focused on research and interdisciplinary learning. The university campus is strategically located and it retains an internationally renowned faculty holding doctoral degrees from prestigious universities such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Indore, XLRI Jamshedpur, etc., which is why Ahmedabad University provides a stimulating academic environment par with international standards.
An Insignia of Distinction
Ahmedabad University is an unprecedented effort to build a timeless legacy that will bring character and pride to India. The university has a range of diverse, rigorous academic programs that ensure its students are groomed into thriving leaders of tomorrow bearing capabilities, attitudes, and values to excel in their respective fields. The institution molds independent thinkers and leaders to actively and innovatively engage the complex challenges society faces. Because of its unique academic environment, Ahmedabad University enables numerous opportunities to its students, faculty, and researchers to participate in exceptional learning curves which are mediated by hands-on experience on-field and projects for deeper creative insights, rigorous analytical experimentation, and fulfilling careers.
Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSOM) comes under the wing of Ahmedabad University, offering a range of Management programs, from Undergraduate to Doctoral degrees, as well as Executive programs for practitioners. With experiential learning pedagogies, the school works abreast with industries to provide a balance between rigorous practice and strong conceptual education while emphasizing interdisciplinary instruction. AMSOM keeps shoulder to shoulder with changing practices in businesses and continuously update its existing programs. With a wide grid of networks through various activities, advisory groups and alumni – working as successful entrepreneurs and professionals all over the country, the school has a strong association with a variety of corporates throughout the country.
AMSOM has initiated a unique curriculum where students can interact with industries’ leaders and renowned thinkers to gain valuable insights to broaden their horizons.
- The Nalanda: The program encourages students to learn by asking questions in an interactive session with deep thinkers of society.
- Leadership Series: Interaction with top business leaders and gaining their perspective on business domains.
- Project-Based Learning: Engagement and Application-Based Learning and Education (ENABLE) and design thinking as important methodologies for learning.
- Independent study period: The Independent Study Period offers students a chance to explore their passion and go beyond the classroom, making their academic learning truly interdisciplinary and conceptual understanding more experiential.
- Undergraduate Research Program: Through the Undergraduate Research Program, UGRP, the University provides several opportunities to students to deeply explore issues or ideas by either working on it independently under the supervision of a faculty or with a faculty member in their lab work or on their research projects.
- International Student Mobility: Students get an opportunity to visit countries like France, Poland, Dubai and USA as a part of their exchange program through various scholarships.
A full range of management programs, starting with undergraduate studies in business administration, commerce, with more than 11 majors and minors to opt from and to master’s programs and doctoral studies in management.
- Undergraduate Programs: The Undergraduate program – four years’ stay at university, at the Management School includes Bachelor of Business Administration (Honors), Bachelor of Commerce (Honors), Bachelor of Commerce Professional (Honors), and Integrated Master of Business Administration.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): A two-year Master of Business Administration degree program is a one-of-its-kind management program in India. It synthesizes learning rigor with experiential learning and adopts an interdisciplinary approach to create a holistic problem solver for business and community.
- Global Executive MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: A customized and rigorous two-year degree program aims to empower existing management teams with leadership capabilities to enhance decision making and sharpen execution throughout the pharmaceutical value chain in collaboration with the University of California San Diego’s Rady School of Management.
- Doctoral Program: The doctoral degree program at the Amrut Mody School of Management offers an interdisciplinary exposure to research. The school offers Ph.D. support in every area of management study including finance, marketing, human resources, operations management, and allied subjects.
For More Details: https://ahduni.edu.in/