Innovation Survives Across Borders and Has No Discrimination
Sacrificing a bright career abroad, Mr. Monish Bhandari chose to bring innovation to India. Being born to a business family in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh; Monish did his schooling at La Martiniere College, Lucknow and has always been a bright student looking up to innovation. Eventually, he founded S. S. Medical System India Pvt. Ltd. Which now has completed successful 20 years of its operation in the business.
About S. S. Medical Systems
- S. Medical Systems India Pvt. Ltd. is a passionate manufacturer of Medical devices and specializes in make in India Ultrasound , Patient Monitoring & similar technology, design & develop to augment patient experience (in healthcare unit). The Parent company was established in the year 1941 and been ranked amongst the fastest growing MSME , OEM importers and manufacturers of high-end Medical equipment in India with more than 40000 installations, 100+ employees and 8 offices across the world. The Medical devices offered by SS Med hold salient features that make them unique such as advanced scanning system, efficient data managing system, secure credential system, sophisticated patient monitoring with induced implementation of new technology.
- S. Medical Systems India Pvt. Ltd. offer’s high-end medical devices that are designed & developed using the advanced production techniques at factories located in industrial area Bhimtal, Lucknow & Jodhpur (Rajasthan). SS Med devices are highly efficient & designed as per the latest regulatory requirements & patient care comfort.
The offered products categorized under
- Human Products includes Patient Monitors, Infusion Pumps, IR Thermometers, Color Dopler & Ultrasound , ECG Machine, etc.
- Biomedical Waste Products, they offer Waste Disposables, Incinerator Systems ,Microwave disinfect management products, Biomedical Accessories & all material is as per Central Pollution Control Board stringent quality requirement.
- Veterinary Products, wherein SS Med is the largest manufacturer in the country with diverse product range including but not limited to Ultrasound, Monitors, Anesthesia and OT/Examin. Tables. Apart from these, they also offer Innovative Technologies that include OptiMaser®, Puraneer™and SwachhLab™.
Year 2018 saw the formation of SS Maser Technology Pvt Ltd. simultaneously registered in India & United Kingdom for Co-Nation technology development for disruptive sterilization process using microwave. Maser Technologies sterilization device designs defied existing methods & was duly recognized by the honourable Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi.
A Comprehensive Leader
Mr. Monish Bhandari was born and brought up in the city Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh and was always attracted towards the hardcore engineering field. Therefore, he decided to make his career in engineering and opted for Electronic Engineer from Madras Institute of Technology (MIT) in the year 1986. Post his graduation, he got selected by Siemens Medical Engineering division via campus placement and worked actively for 8 years. During this period, he was in England to complete his Masters in Electronics and was also posted in Nuremberg, Germany for medical division in Siemens for 1.5 years.
Coming back to India in the year 1989, Monish worked in Siemens’ Lucknow office for almost 3 years and thereafter, worked as a consultant for Japanese medical equipment giants, Chimazoo and Toshiba. Thereafter, he also worked for Toshiba for a short while.
Eventually, he joined his family business, Bhandari Scientific Stores, which was established in the year 1941 and in the year 2001, S. S. Medical Systems came into action. It has been 20 successful years since its inception and the company has established itself as the best in the industry.
Mr. Bhandari defines himself as workaholic who used to stay available in the initial stages starting 9 am & concluding 4 am next day. He is an animal enthusiast and owns 6 horses. He is passionate about music and has played for his college band. Spending time with his family is what he loves the most.
Monish had to face many challenges while establishing his company. The lack of support and understanding from the innovation sector in the country stood as his major challenge. Financial constraints was another challenge where he had to manage his own funds for the research. Once the product was developed, the lack of translational research which is an integral part of any successful company also stood as a challenge to him. In India, innovation and end-user work in silos and therefore, research does not reach the evitable end of the discovery since failure for not being clinically tested of its compliance, utility, purpose and experience.
A Glimpse of Future
Monish looks ahead to make his company a 100 Cr company in the coming future. He intends to setup their mfg units abroad to maximize the benefits of innovations worldwide. He also looks forward to be a global player in sterilizations which presently is controlled by a 100-year-old legacy steam technology. They have also innovated a microwave device that is used for reusing PPE Kits and N95 masks.
For More Details: http://www.ssmedworld.com/