An American Multinational Company which is focused on e-commerce, cloud computing, artificial intelligence and digital streaming. Amazon Inc. is one of the biggest companies in the United States in the field of Information Technology industry along with other big companies such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft. Amazon is said to be one of the most influential and successful economic and cultural forces in the world. Founded by Jeff Bezos on July 5,1994 in Bellevue, Washington, United States, the industry works on cloud computing, consumer electronics, digital distribution, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, entertainment.
Amazon produces many products such as-
- Amazon Echo
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Fire OS. Kindle
It also offers many services such as Amazon. Com, Amazon Alexa, Amazon App store, Amazon Music, Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Web Services.
Known for its well-established industries through technical innovation in a mass scale, it was once started as an online marketplace only for selling books but later expanded to more wide range of products such as self electronics, apparel, furniture, software, toys, jewelry etc. In 2017, it acquired the whole food market for US $13.4 billion which gave it a more strong foundation as a physical retailer. Amazon downloads and streams videos, audiobooks and music through its subsidiaries such as Amazon Prime, Twitch etc. It has its own Publishing subsidiary known as Amazon Publishing Film and Television Studio, Amazon Studios, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and cloud computing services. It has been working in the process of purchasing the very famous film and television studio, Metro-goldwyn-Mayer.
Its is also been criticized for practices such as high-competitive and demanding work culture, technological surveillance overreach, tax avoidance and anti competitive behavior.
As of 2020, it has a total revenue of US $386.064 billion.
There are many amazing facts about Amazon:
- It was some time ago known as Cadabra Inc. in the middle 1994 to 1995.
- Jeff Bezos initially began Amazon on July 5, 1994 from his carport in Bellevue.
- Whenever determined by income, it is the biggest web organization on the planet.
- Perhaps the most significant organizations, Amazon has the most elevated worldwide valuation starting at 2020.
- In United States, it is the second biggest private business.
- Jeff Bezos initially began the organization in 1995 by selling books.
- Amazon has not paid government charges for a very long time.
- Amazon claims 41 auxiliaries and brands.
- Amazon is a pet-accommodating organization. It has 6000 canines working at Amazon Headquarters in Seattle.
Hope you got to know many things about this most famous and successful online shopping site called Amazon.