Do you know what is the name of the blue bird we see in Twitter's logo??? Check out some really interesting facts about the platform.
Ever since Twitter was created on March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Biz Stone and Noah Glass and launched in July 2006, it has been a huge platform for social networking service and microblogging. While registered users can post and interact with other people through tweets, unregistered users still get the privilege to read the tweets. Twitter has been a source of information for a large population who exchange their thoughts in the form of tweets. It has been the best platform for political leaders, students, common people and each and every person who use the app.
Now lets talk about some really interesting facts you probably have never known before:
- The famous blue Twitter bird is called Larry. The name was not confirmed till early 2012.
- he 1st ever tweet was sent by the CEO of the company Jack Dorsey on 21st March 2006. He wrote in his first tweet “setting up the Twttr".
- The first hashtag was used or debuted by Chris Messina on August 2007.
- Only 550 million people have sent a tweet.
- 22% of Americans use Twitter.
- 500 million people usually visit the site every month but without logging in.
- Nearly 391 million accounts have no followers at all.
- Barack Obama has the most followers over 111 million followers followed by Katy Perry and Justin Bieber.
- While talking about the number of tweets each day, its about 500 million tweets.
- The highest number of tweets sent in a single minute was nearly 618,725 tweets during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Final.
- Reports say that tweets with pictures get 150% more retweets.
- The original idea for the name of the site was “Friendstalker".
- The library of the congress initially archived all tweets in 2010 but later went more selective when archiving the tweets.
- Unless you have 2000 followers, Twitter wont allow you to follow more than 2000 people.
- Noah Glass, the fourth founder of Twitter was kicked out of the company. His bio reads “I started this".
- Just like Facebook, Twitter is banned in China.
- When a tweet is ended with an empty hashtag it is known as “hangtag".
- Twitter stock symbol is TWTR.
So here is the list of some interesting facts related to Twitter. Which one do you like the most?. Do let us know.